30 December 2009

2010 Gaming Goals (Final?)

Ok, I’ve given the resolutions from my last post a lot of thought (that’s a lie I haven’t thought about it much, but I want to finalise them). I’ve decided there more goals than resolutions, that’s the first tweak. I’ve also added a couple of more goals for next year. I won’t really comment on these if the goal hasn’t changed from my last post. These are in no particular order.

  1. Expand my dwarf army to a complete, stand alone, army of 2000 points.
  2. Finish painting the Lord of the Rings miniatures I already have before getting any new ones.
  3. Build a playable Harad army (LotR), including a War Mumak. This is after goal #2.
  4. Play
    It’s nice having completed miniatures, but the whole point is to play.
  5. Complete at least one non-Games Workshop miniature.
    I’m starting to enjoy painting for the end result and I’ve started to discover some great figures out there.
  6. Build at least one complete set of scenery.
  7. Create a display miniature
    Not for playing but on a scene base.
  8. Really work to learn to paint better.
    My painting skill is still very basic. I depend too much (IMHO) on colour guides in the source books, White Dwarf or on line. I need to understand what I want and how to achieve it more.

All in all I think I’m trying to be realistic while still trying to have a productive year. Fingers crossed.

No comments: