1 April 2014

Another New Start

I'm re-discovering this blog tonight.

While glancing over past entries I've realised that I've restarted this blog far too many times. I have decided that I need to make a more purposeful effort to do it right this time and to do it regularly. That said there has not been a HUGE number of changes in my life since my last entry.

Not to suggest that nothing has happened, but...

  • I'm in the same job I was to start in my last entry
  • I still run The Scout Association - Isle of Man website at manxscouts.com
What has changed is:
  • I've gone from just doing the website, but am now the Media Development Manager for TSA - IOM
  • I am now the Scout Leader for 5th Douglas. The Troop was with out an SL recently and offered to take over as SL.
I was an Assistant Leader back in Canada for Cubs and then Scouts, but when I moved to the Isle of Man almost 20 years ago I didn't get involved with Scouting here. After a few weeks as SL I regret waiting so long. So I'm trying to complete my Leader training (to earn my Wood Badge, for those who know what I mean). Things are completely different when I was a Scout ASL back in Canada, so it's all new to me. I'll know what I'm doing soon enough (I hope....).

I'll make an effort to write here 2 or 3 times a week. Fingers crossed.

No comments: